Digesil® Gel Silicone Depolymerizer / Stripping Agent – Made In The USA
Description: Digesil Gel is a silicone de-polymerizer formulated to remove silicone-based sealants and adhesives, overspray of silicone water repellents, coatings, and release agents. Digesil Gel is formulated to a gel viscosity for application to vertical surfaces and to help control drips and runs for precision applications.
Benefits of Digesil Gel
- Quickly dissolves cured silicone. Leaves a silicone free surface
- Chlorinated and fluorinated solvent free
- Negligible aromatic solvent content
- Environmentally responsible
- Low odor for operator comfort
- High flash point for safety
- Low density for ease of handling
- Rinses with water or solvent
- Safe on glass, metal, and most plastic (except nylon)
- Safe on paint and powder coating
- Water free
- Gel consistency adheres to vertical surface, reduces spillage and waste
- Ideal for precision
Important: In all cases water must not come in contact with Digesil Gel as this will stop it from working. Mix Digesil Gel thoroughly with a clean stirring stick before use as a small amount of liquid will form on top of the gel during storage. Do not dilute or alter the product in any way.
- Remove heavy accumulations of adhesive or sealants using scrapers or other method.
- Apply a ½-inch layer of Digesil Gel over the sealant to be removed.
- Let gel sit for 15 – 30 minutes or until residue softens, “lifts” or shows signs of dissolving. Digesil Gel may be left on the surface for several hours to remove heavy buildup. Do not allow to dry.
- Removal: Although water may be used to rinse the product, rinsing with a mild cleaner such as eOx®, also available from RPM Technology, followed by pure water will improve removal of all residues.
AVAILABILITY: Digesil Gel is available in individual 6-oz. containers, 12 x 6-oz. cases, 5-lb pail and special order 35-lb buckets.