PolyGone™ High-Performance Depolymerizer / Stripping Agents
PolyGone™ stripping agents are unique formulations that remove cured polysulfide (PRC) and silicone RTV sealants from metal, ceramic, and some plastic substrates. PolyGone works at room temperature and does not contain flammable, chlorinated or odorous solvents.
Both polysulfide and silicone RTV are difficult to remove completely since they actually bond into surface/substrate. PolyGone reacts chemically with the polymer and breaks it down (depolymerizes) so it can be rinsed away without damage to the surface/substrate. This depolymerization prevents re-deposition of the reaction by-products and allow for water rinsing.
PolyGone completely removes 100% of the sealant which offers significant advantages over other removal methods that require scraping and typically results in damage to the substrate. There are also products that try to “dissolve” the sealants but due to their inertness, this does not work.
PolyGone 310-AG (Aviation Grade) is our improved formulation of our successful PolyGone 300-AG. PolyGone 310-AG was tested and approved by NavAir and the US Air Force for use on their aircraft. PolyGone is currently being used by numerous aviation MRO organizations and electronics companies around the world.
Current PolyGone Products
- PolyGone™ 305: Industrial/Marine Grade Polysulfide Remover
- PolyGone™ 305 Gel: Gelled Industrial/Marine Grade Polysulfide Remover
- PolyGone™310-AG: Aviation Grade Polysulfide Remover
- PolyGone™310-AG Gel: Aviation Grade Polysulfide Remover
- PolyGone™ 310-AG Inst.: PolyGone Application Instructions
- PolyGone™ 505: Silicone Remover
- PolyGone™ 300-AG: Aviation Grade Polysulfide Remover – Use PolyGone 310-AG
- PolyGone™ 300-AG Gel: Gelled Aviation Grade Polysulfide Remover – Use PolyGone 310-AG Gel
- PolyGone™ 500: Silicone Remover – Use PolyGone 505
- PolyGone™ 500-AG: Aviation Grade Silicone Remover – Use PolyGone 505
- PolyGone™ 535: Silicone Remover- Contact RPM for recommendations