Frequently Asked Questions about eOx
eOx is a family of environmentally friendly cleaning products developed in Holland over 20 years ago, long before this movement became popular in the US. eOx Products safely clean any substrate of oils, Skydrol®, hydraulic fluids, grease, carbon, brake dust, uncured resins or paints, as well as other difficult to remove contaminants.
It will leave surfaces slightly anti-static and with repeated use subsequent cleanings will be easier! It is available in a concentrated form to allow you the flexibility to dilute with water to the most efficient and economical solution for your unique cleaning process. eOx is a low VOC answer to your cleaning needs, allowing your business to comply with regulations and still clean and degrease effectively!
We offer several types of eOx cleaners for various cleaning tasks around the house or job.
- eOx Economic: is a concentrated product that when diluted with water can be used for all possible cleaning and degreasing operations. It is also phosphate free!
- eOx Industrial: is a concentrated product that can be used for the same cleaning and degreasing operations as eOx Economic but has an added organic corrosion inhibitor, which when left on, protects metal surfaces for up to four weeks. It is also phosphate free!
- eOx Aircraft Cleaner: is a specialty product for airlines, aircraft cleaning companies and MRO operations. It is suitable for external and internal cleaning of metal and painted surfaces. eOx AC completely removes difficult substances such as hydraulic fluids, carbon, grease, “blue stains”, and brake dust. Conforms to Boeing D6-17487, Douglas CDS #1, AMS 1550A, and AMS 1526B. It is also phosphate free!
- eOx Aircraft Hydraulic Fluid Remover: (AHFR) is a propriety blended cleaner designed to easily remove all types of hydraulic fluids including Skydrol® and Dinitrol AV30 anti-corrosion compound. It is also excellent at removing carbon build up from torque tubes on brakes! eOx AHFR is non-toxic, non-flammable, biodegradable, and free of phosphates. eOx AHFR is an excellent replacement for chlorinated products and solvent based cleaners. Conforms to AMS 1526B.
- eOx Oxygen Cleaner: is a concentrated product that when diluted with water can be used for cleaning components that are exposed to an oxygen-enriched environment. It has been tested and approved for use as a “Oxygen Cleaner” by multiple companies, such as Praxair, Air Liquide, Air Products, and Linde gas. It is also phosphate free!
- eOx AeroTech 2000: Aircraft Cleaning Agent is an environmentally friendly, corrosion inhibitive, specialty cleaning product for airline companies and aircraft manufacturers. It is suitable for all aircraft cleaning applications, and conforms to standards for aircraft engine cleaning. It is safe to use on all metal and painted surfaces. It safely and completely removes difficult to clean substances including oils, carbon, grease and even dry lube (molybdenum disulfide) with no stock loss. Conforms to ARP 1755, ASTM F 519-97 TYPE 1A and ASTM F 945-98 on AMS 4911 alloy. It is also phosphate free!
- eOx Heavy Duty Cleaner: is an environmentally friendly specialty cleaning product designed to remove asphalt, carbon deposits, crude oil, resins and many other types of oils and greases. eOx HDC is a mixture of citrus solvents, emulsifiers and water softening agents. It is environmentally friendly, biodegradable and has a mild citrus smell. It is also phosphate free!
eOx will begin breaking up the contamination immediately. However, to decrease the cleaning time of parts, RPM recommends either ultrasonic agitation or gentle continuous stirring.
No. eOx is water based and not hazardous to ship. eOx contains no EPA Listed ingredients. The NFPA rating for eOx is 0,0,0 as used. This compares very favorable to other “cleaners” that are 1,0,0 or 2,0,0 or even 2,1,0. Since eOx is used either from a gallon container or spray bottle, no green house producing gasses are used. Several other products on the market may say they are safe, but since they come in a pressurized can, they are flammable regardless of the cleaning agent. eOx is not.
Yes. eOx is compatible with numerous metals and plastics. Ultrasonics actually decreases the amount of cleaning time by 75%. Heat can also be used to decrease cleaning time by 50%.
Yes, temperature will improve the performance of the eOx. See above.
When the parts no longer get clean in the typical cleaning time for your particular application. When you first start using eOx, it is worthwhile to note the initial cleaning time for reference and comparison. If your location has the ability, test the pH. The pH of fresh eOx is around 12.5. When the pH drops to 9, it is time to refresh the bath with new material to return the pH to 12.5.
eOx may be disposed of down the drain. eOx will demulsify with the dirty water in under 1 minute. This way you can skim the surface to remove organics and drain the bottom solids so that you only dispose of the eOx solution. This is counter to other products that keep the “dirt” in solution thus increasing your disposal volume and costs. Use of eOx ensures proper operation of your oil/water separator. Consult with your environmental department for final ruling as regulations vary by county and state.
Yes, eOx can be filtered and this is recommended to extend the life of the material. A 5-micron filter is usually sufficient. Additionally, the oils will float to the top of the vessel and solids will settle. You can actually skim the surface and drain the bottom to remove the majority of contaminates thus leaving behind usable solution.
eOx does have a very slight fresh odor. The HD has a citrus odor. As the ingredients are not listed, no special breathing apparatus is required. However, we do recommend using in a well-ventilated area.
No, see above.